J. Gordon Consulting Engineers Ltd. won an international tender issued by The Kenya Power & Lighting Company to design an advanced Integrated Security Management System which will protect company facilities & infrastructure against growing terror and criminal threats. Gordon’s security experts performed a Site Survey & risk assessment, formulated company security policy document, designed the security solutions, prepared the tender documents and determined the technical specifications for the required new security system and supervised the implementation of the ISMS.
The project included design of security solutions for 55 sites of various types (large office buildings, depots, sub stations, control centers, stores) spread nationwide. Project included design of various control centers operating in hierarchy (national, regional and local).
Gordon Engineers Provided ongoing security consultancy services which included:
- Site Survey
- Risk assessment
- Formulation of company security policy
- Gap analysis and benchmarking.
- Preparation of security master plan
- Design of the security solutions
- Determination of the technical specifications for the required ISMS
- supervision over the implementation stage of the ISS
The ISMS included the following subsystems:
- Digital Video Recording
- Perimeter Protection
- Sophisticated Access Control
- Vehicles Access Control
- Parking Control
- Protection of a high-secure zones
- Advanced Command & Control Center
- ISMS software